Terms and Conditions Summary
- All rentals prices include VAT
- Minimum rental period: 24 Hours
- All the rates above are daily prices
- All prices are subject to change without prior notification
- Age Requirements: 21 years to 70 years for Van Hire fleet
- Driving Licence: A full driving licence must be held for 3 years. Signature Van Hire reserves the right to refuse hire without reason
- Deposit: A returnable deposit will be required on all vehicles Min £250 Max £1000
- Free Mileage Allowance: Unlimited Subject to our fair use policy
- Payment: The estimated cost of the rental and the deposit is payable at the start of the hire. All major credit cards accepted except Diners Club
- Rental Period: Rates shown are per day (24 hours). If the vehicle is returned more than one hour late an extra day’s rental will be charged
- Extension of rental: Should you wish to extend your rental beyond the agreed finish date, you must contact our office and pay the additional rate
- Foreign travel: Vehicles may not be taken out of England, Scotland or Wales without prior written authorisation. Vehicles taken abroad will be subject to a surcharge and additional insurances cover
- Hours of Business:Monday – Friday 07:00 – 20:00 Saturday and Sunday 09:00 – 17:00.
- Out of hours service available subject to availability and additional cost.
- Daily rate: Price per day/Minimum 1 day Hire unless agreed with Signature Van Hire
Terms and Conditions in Full
The inclusive Fully Comprehensive insurance covers, ‘Insured Driver’, of minimum age of 21 years dependant on vehicle category and young driver charge maybe applicable. Charge for additional driver starts from £10 per day subject to our insurer’s approval.
Age and Licence Restrictions:
Prices are based on drivers being aged 21 to 70 years of age. All drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of three years, must have no more than 3 current points on their licence and are subject to approval on completion of Signature Van Hire Ltd. insurance proposal form. Any convictions for drink or drug driving, dangerous or careless driving within the past 5 years will not be accepted. Overseas licenses are accepted subject to the above conditions. Drivers must not have been involved in an accident in the past 3 years and must not have been convicted of motoring offences in categories CU/IN/LC/MS/PC/PL/SP/TS in the last 3 years. We have the right to refuse any driver on production of a licence that does not comply with our insurance policy. Please note it may still be possible to hire if you are over 25 and have up to 6 penalty points, please fill out an enquiry form and we will notify you if we can accept you to drive, there may be an additional cost for insurance for special cases. Other cases can be considered, please forward all of your details and we will give an insurance quote if possible. With exception to ‘Self Insurance’ please ask for more details. All hires and cancellations are subject these terms and conditions and it is deemed that you have read and understood them before making a booking.
Booking, Cancellation and No show Policy:
- We require payment details for all bookings.
- Bookings are only confirmed when paid for in full.
- Cancellations due to the hirer not meeting the terms and conditions set out here are the responsibility of the hirer. Signature Van Hire Ltd. assumes no liability what so ever unless stated otherwise.
If your travel plans change, you may normally cancel your booking free of charge anytime up until 24 hours before your rental is due to start except rentals commencing on a Monday which require 72 hours’ notice of cancellation.
If you fail to pick up your van on the day your rental is due to start, or do not cancel with more than 24 hours’ notice prior to the time it is due to start, you will be required to pay at least £35 which will be charged to your credit or debit card to compensate us for having held the van for you without any rental transaction taking place. Payments with credit card may be subject to a 3% surcharge – 5% for AMEX.
Excess & Security Deposit:
The security deposit is held (A) As a security bond (B) As payments towards any mechanical damage which is not covered by our Insurers, e.g., tyres, wheels, clutch, gearbox, which was sustained during the hire period; excluding normal wear and tear, due to misuse and abuse. (C) As an insurance excess against any accidental damage or loss caused to the vehicle by a third party or the hirer. The hirer is liable for the amount shown as Insurance Excess. (D) To cover additional charges incurred during hire for excess mileage and, or, fuel reimbursement charges. (E) As payment towards inconvenience caused and losses incurred in relation to police involvement/arrest which results in the vehicle being confiscated or compounded and or being stopped for driving recklessly or dangerously.(F) Please note that you will be liable to us for any amounts you owe which exceed the deposit and the deposit is not a cap or limit on your liability and with respect to point (G) Hire charges will continue to be incurred until we have received the vehicle back in our procession it is impounded.
The Excess Security Deposit is as per the tariff. The security deposit can be held against a major credit / debit card and will be refunded immediately after the hire (subject to terms listed) so you do not incur any charges. The security bond can be reduced by taking out our CDW option; at an agreed amount dependent on vehicle category per hire or per week, subject to approval by Signature Van Hire Ltd. The security bond will only ever be held in full when damages are greater than the security bond or damages to the vehicle result in an insurance claim. Criminal prosecution or involvement of authorities will also result in loss of the security bond. Confiscation/compounding or theft of vehicle will result in increased liability to the value of up to double of the Insurance Excess for the vehicle as outlined on the hire documents. In all other instances the cost of the damage only will be deducted.
Signature Van Hire Ltd. liability is limited to a refund of the hire charge. No consequential loss liability will be covered. Van hire may be cancelled or re-arranged if:
A: The weather is deemed inclement and therefore not suitable for hire by Signature Van Hire, a suitable replacement date will be arranged or your hire refunded in full.
B: There is a mechanical breakdown of the Van/unforeseeable circumstances. If this occurs and it is feasible to offer an alternative Van for the hire we will do so. Should no another vehicle be available of a similar type/group of Van or if you choose to not have the replacement offered we will either re-arrange the hire for another date. Signature Van Hire Ltd. accepts no responsibility or liability for cancellations under these conditions.
C: Signature Van Hire Ltd. retain the right to refuse hire of our vehicles to any one we deem unsuitable for hire or whom we feel does not fit our criteria for hire or if the hirer’s age or licence details do not comply with our terms as set out herein.
Use of Vehicle:
The hirer may use the vehicle for the purpose of their business and for social domestic and pleasure purposes. The vehicles may not be used for any purposes for which they are not expressly designed. The hirer will not use for any unlawful purpose or the contravention of any act, order or regulation relating to the vehicle or its use or use the vehicle whilst under the influence of alcohol or Drugs. Further, the hirer will not use or permit the vehicles to be used for hire, driving tuition, towing, racing, or for any illegal purpose whatsoever.
Allowing a non-insured driver to drive our vehicle will result in the loss of your Insurance Excess; Signature Van Hire Ltd. will also view this as theft of the vehicle and will prosecute without exception in all cases as theft.
You will be provided with a full tank of fuel and the vehicle must be returned with a full tank. If, however, this is not the case any reimbursement for fuel will be charged at the pump price, plus £25 administration charge.
Please note none of our Vehicles may be taken out of the UK without express written permission. Ireland (Eire) is not part of the UK; our Vehicles are also excluded from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight unless by prior arrangement.
The lessor works out charges using a current price list, as published on the website. The hirer will pay the following charges:
• Any charge(s) for any and all losses and/or damages resulting from the hirer contravening any terms and conditions outlined within this agreement.
• A refuelling service charge as outlined in the ‘Fuel’ section (listed above)
• All fines and court costs for parking, traffic and other offences (including any costs which arise if the vehicle is clamped, even on private property) as outlined in the section ‘Speeding Tickets / Parking Fines / Road Traffic Acts’ outlined below. Failure to pay the appropriate authority any fines and costs will result in the lessor charging the hirer administration charges which arise to deal with such matters.
• The reasonable cost of repairing any extra damage which was not noted on our damage report sheet at the start of the agreement, whether the hirer was at fault or not and the reasonable cost of replacing the vehicle if it is stolen, depending on any insurance the hirer has, as set out herein, if and when the hirer demands this payment.
• The hirer is responsible for any congestion charge costs during the rental, with exception of delivery and collection of the vehicle.
• A loss of income charge, when the lessor asks for it, if the lessor cannot rent out the vehicle because it needs to be repaired, it is a write-off (can’t be repaired) or it has been stolen and the lessor is waiting to receive full payment of the vehicle’s full value. The lessor will only charge the hirer for loss of income if the lessor cannot get back the losses under the Insurance. The lessor will charge the hirer at the published daily rate and the lessor will never charge the hirer for more than 30 days rental or the lessor gets payment as soon as possible.
• Any charges arising from Customs and Excise seizing the vehicle, together with a loss of income charge while the lessor cannot rent out the vehicle, if and when the lessor asks for this payment.
• Any published rates for delivering and collecting the vehicle.
• Interest which we will add every day to any amount the hirer does not pay the lessor on time, at the rate of 5% per month above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank from time to time.
• Value added tax and all other taxes on any of the charges listed above, as appropriate. The hirer is responsible for all changes, even if the hirer has asked someone else to be responsible for them. The hirer can get details of the Insurance from the lessor.
Late Return Charges:
Returning the van late up to 1 hour will incur an additional half days charge anything later will be charged at 1 days hire.
Driving licence and DVLA Licence Check Code needs to be provided to Signature Van Hire Ltd. before hire can commence for all named drivers.
Also a photo in the form of a Passport and 1 x utility bill or credit card statement must also be produced as confirmation of ID, along with card/s used for payment. Photocopies are acceptable BUT the originals must be produced on the day of hire, failure to do so would cancel the hire. If upon delivery these documents have not been received or viewed by Signature Van Hire Ltd. the hire will be cancelled and our cancellation policy will apply.
Damage / Wear and Tear:
All damage to our Vehicles whilst in the custody of the hirer however they arise will be the responsibility of the hirer and Signature Van Hire Ltd. will charge for the cost of the repairs against the Insurance Excess against the hire up to the value of the Insurance Excess. If requested Signature Van Hire Ltd. will provide a quotation for the works from a repair specialist. Any excess wear to the vehicles tyres will be charged at a pro rata rate for the cost of replacing the tyres, Signature Van Hire Ltd. will provide details of these charges should they apply. These charges also extend to unreasonable wear and tear on any other part of the vehicle. Vehicles are only fully inspected once returned to our premises, this is due to dirty vehicles / bad light which hamper a full inspection at the client’s address, any damage discovered once we have cleaned the vehicle will then be charged, Signature Van Hire Ltd. are not limited to noting the damage at the time of pickup or return of the vehicle for the reasons set out in this clause.
Smoking in Vans:
Smoking in our vehicles is expressly forbidden and will result in the loss of your Security Bond, Signature Van Hire Ltd. may use a machine to determine if the Vehicle has been smoked in, smoking in the vehicle with the window wound down will still show on our machine and will result in the loss of your Security Bond.
Speeding tickets / Parking fines / Road Traffic Acts :
The driver / hirer of the vehicle hereby agrees that he or she shall be liable for all speeding fines and or parking tickets or any other costs or penalties that may be incurred whilst the van is in the possession of the hirer or in relation to the manner in which the hirer / driver has driven the van during the hire period.
This includes any fine or penalty imposed under a fixed penalty notice relating to the hire. The lessor may, in order to avoid further penalties, pay fines and the hirer shall be liable to reimburse the lessor for the amount together with a £35.00 + VAT administration fee.
The lessor will automatically pay the London Congestion Charge on behalf of the hirer whenever the vehicle enters the payment zone. This charge will be reported to the hirer at the end of the hire at a daily rate of £15 plus VAT. This covers the daily charge and a small administration fee and will prevent any late payment charges from being incurred.
In accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1974 sections 1.5 and 1 the hirer shall be liable as owner of the vehicle in respect of:-
a. Any of the following offences which may be committed with respect to that vehicle when it is stationery and when fixed penalty notice is issued being on a road during the hours of darkness without lights or reflectors required by law waiting or being left parked or being loaded or unloaded in a road being used or kept on a public road without the vehicle licence being exhibited on the vehicle in the prescribed manner and the non-payment of the charge made at street parking places and:
b. Any excess charge which may be incurred in pursuance of an order under Section 35 and 36 of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1967 (Provision of Highways of Parking Places where charges are made).
One Way Rentals:
One way rentals are available please ask for details.